"oh, isn't that enough? You must have burned off at least a whole cake by now!"
"That's far enough, I mean, most people didn't even go to the gym today."
or the very tricky one, "you don't have time for this! You will be late for work!"
He also encourages me to stop looking at the display as he knows it motivates me to go just a bit further/faster/longer. He tells me that I can stop at any time because I am on a treadmill so I don't have to turn around and go back.
I have decided that this is why most people do not like the treadmill. It's not because it's boring, (let me tell you, looking at house after house or the same route day after day is just as bad) it's because you have to stare your Blerch in the face. You have to look right at it and say NO! I am going to stay on this human sized hamster wheel so I can get stronger. I don't care what you say I am going to finish and I am going to do MORE.

No comments:
Post a Comment